Wastewater Treatment Facility Operator (Level III)
Company: City of Elephant Butte
Date Posted: October 3, 2017
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- All lab work for process control and reporting purposes and may be expected to carry out the lab work independently.
- Ability to understand how to properly calibrate lab equipment including but not limited to, handheld and field DO probes, pH probes, certified thermometers, balances, desiccator cabinet, TSS probes, etc.
- Must be able to do data entry on a computer and generate formulas into excel and other computer based programs. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, outlook and other Microsoft applications are a necessity.
- Daily maintenance of grounds and other facilities, including rinse downs, cutting/spraying weeds and other maintenance on a daily and seasonal basis.
- Installation and inspection of new sewer lines and services.
- Perform the installation, maintenance and repair of the physical plant and pump stations and all of their components.
- Department’s representative to the public.
- Perform regular and unscheduled maintenance and repairs on all plant equipment and machinery.
- On call to respond to emergencies and breakdowns at the plant and pump stations.
- Conduct the necessary weekend checks of the treatment plant and water system on a rotating basis.
- Perform all work in conformance to Occupational Safety and Health Act regulations.
- Maintain open communications with supervisor regarding the treatment process and pump stations operation and malfunctions, as well as make recommendations for repairs and improvements to these systems.