In 2002, New Mexico Water Service (New Mexico Water) was formed with the acquisition of the Rio Grande Utility Corporation, which added 2,265 water and 1,600 wastewater customers. The 2003 acquisition of National Utility Company added another 1,600 customers to our subsidiary.
New Mexico Water offers a generous total compensation package. We have competitive salaries and match a portion of employees' contributions to their Company 401(k). In addition, we provide a Company-funded pension plan, great healthcare benefits that provide coverage to employees and dependents, and generous tuition reimbursement. In addition, employees receive 11 paid holidays and three floating holidays per year, and two weeks of sick leave and vacation.
We are committed to hiring the best candidates, developing current employees, and promoting from within. Continuous improvement and employee development opportunities allow employees to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals.
The Operations Foreman (OF) oversees, performs, and directs manual work with Company crews and/or contractor crews in the maintenance and installation of all Company property and facilities. This includes overseeing contractor activities, complete “as-built” drawings, and coordinating and documenting activities. The OF assures compliance to all Company installation standards. The position is located in Rio Communities, NM.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversees and coordinates tie-ins to distribution system of replaced or repaired water main lines in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with contractors and Company personnel on projects and provides opinion and expertise on related work matters.
- Inspects and verifies compliance of all installations; ensures AWWA standards are followed for sanitary and proper material storage handling, installation, and disinfection.
- Coordinates, monitors, and documents contractor and Company crew activities as they pertain to repair of fire hydrant, main, and service repairs to ensure work is done according to Company standards.
- Coordinates with supervision to obtain and/or verify all necessary permits.
- Oversees and performs the loading, testing, disinfection, and sampling of repaired/replaced mains.
- Records the measurements of fittings as installed by contractor (as-built).
- Shut down mains for contractor and/or Company crews.
- Performs repair and maintenance on mains in collaboration with contractors and Company crews; coordinates transportation of repair material to.
- Performs fire flow testing.
- Prepares necessary reports for work completed.
- Conducts all water discharges with Company’s National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) policy including, but not limited to, implementation of Best Management Practices (BMPs), monitoring and recording all required data, and completing necessary paperwork related to all discharge events.
- Tracks inventory of parts and supplies,
- Monitors operations of water systems, including wells, pumps, booster pumps, water mains, service lines, meters and meter cans, valve boxes, chlorination and treatment equipment, fire hydrants, and valves.
- Utilizes equipment such as backhoes, dump trucks, vactor trucks, compressors, jackhammers, tampers, tractors, and jetters.
- Monitors gauges, dials, meters, control panels, and other recording instruments; interprets results to determine processing requirements; records data and maintains routine and daily records, and shift logs.
- Performs daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance on all equipment.
- Performs general plant and grounds maintenance work.
- Participates in and supports the Company’s Continuous Improvement program.
- Performs work safely by adhering to New Mexico Water Service Company (NMWSC) Safety programs and policies as well as reporting hazards and unsafe conditions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or possession of a GED.
- Must have a New Mexico Water System Operator 2.
- New Mexico Wastewater System Operator Certification desired
- Must have the ability to obtain a New Mexico Commercial Driver’s License within 2 years.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Valid New Mexico driver’s license.
Deadline to submit resume is Thursday, September 26, 2019
The Equal Opportunity Policy of the Company is based upon the philosophy that all people should be treated fairly and with dignity. California Water Service, Hawaii Water Service, New Mexico Water Service and Washington Water Service do not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other protected class. The Company makes all employment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner. EOE, VET, DISABILITIES