Company: DOI, NPS, Chaco Culture National Historical Park
Date Posted: November 9, 2022
This position performs recurring building and/or utility maintenance and operation duties and assists journeymen and other higher-graded workers. Incumbent utilizes knowledge and skills in several trades and crafts including: Electrical, Masonry, Wastewater Treatment, Water Treatment, and other lower graded work.
- You will inspect and operate potable water systems, pumping stations, and their associated controls to adjust the taste, odor, physical, chemical, or bacteriological content of the water.
- You will manage the operation and maintenance of wastewater pumping stations.
- You will maintain daily logs to track utility systems testing results.
- You will maintain potable water systems in compliance with state, county, and federal regulations for protection of human health and the environment.
- You will install, troubleshoot, and repair water and wastewater treatment systems and equipment to maintain correct operation.
- You will perform sample testing on potable water to determine amount of chemicals for treatment.
- Applicants must have a valid New Mexico, Department of Health Services Level 1 Water Treatment Operators Certificate and Level 1 Wastewater Treatment Operators Certificate. In addition to meeting these requirements, applicants must be able to obtain a New Mexico, Department of Health Services Level 2 Water Treatment Operators Certificate within 12 months of employment. Please indicate the level of certification you currently possess.
- Occupancy of government quarters is required.