Certified NM Wastewater Operator IV
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Employment Opportunity is the corporate and personal philosophy of the Company, its managers and owners. It is the policy of SMA to afford equal employment to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, gender identity, spousal affiliation or veteran status, and to conform to all applicable laws and regulations. The Company is fully committed to this concept and all personnel are expected to actively participate in the implementation of these policies.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform random drug screens. Driving records are also monitored monthly.
By continuing with this job application, you will be asked to answer job-specific questions. Please note that the questions contained in this job posting are our sole intellectual property.
Upon receipt of your responses, we will evaluate your submission. If selected for a personal interview, you will receive an email/text with scheduling instructions.
The Hiring Manager
SPECIAL NOTE: If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail within minutes of your job application submission, please check your email bulk or spam folders.
SMA Operations, LLC is recruiting for a Certified Level IV Wastewater Operator in Las Vegas, NM.
Under general direction, supervises and coordinates wastewater treatment plant activities and operations; coordinates assigned activities with other divisions, connects to and maintains relationships with outside agencies and the general public; and provides highly responsible and complex staff assistance.
The ideal candidate will possess the following in addition to those listed below:
Under general supervision, performs a variety of skilled technical duties and semi-skilled labor in the operation and maintenance of the City’s water or wastewater treatment plant; performs adjustments and repairs to plant equipment; collects and documents samples for laboratory testing; and performs a variety of related duties as assigned.
- Coordinate the organization, staffing and operational activities for the wastewater treatment plant.
- Participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies and priorities; recommend and implement resulting policies and procedures.
- Identify opportunities for improving service delivery methods and procedures; identify resource needs; review with appropriate management staff; implement improvements.
- Direct, coordinate and review the work plan for assigned plant operations services and activities; assign work activities and projects; monitor work flow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures; meet with staff to identify and resolve problems.
- Oversee wastewater sanitation plant operations including all instrumentation and laboratory analysis. Coordinate and integrate wastewater treatment plant operations and maintenance functions.
- Prepare monthly compliance reports to the Regional Water Quality Control Board; oversee software programs that generate technical reports on water quality; troubleshoot and change spread sheets as required.
- Purchase all chemicals used in wastewater treatment process; set up annual contracts with chemical suppliers.
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate plant operations and laboratory personnel; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures.
- Participate in the development and administration of assigned program budget; forecast funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies; monitor and approve expenditures; recommend adjustments as necessary.
- Participate on a variety of committees; prepare and present staff reports and other correspondence as appropriate and necessary.
- Coordinate operations activities with those of other divisions and outside agencies and organizations.
- Attend and participate in professional group meetings; stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of wastewater treatment operations.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED.
- New Mexico Level IV certification in Wastewater.
- Possess a valid Class C or Class B CDL with no major infractions in the past 3 years
- Six or more years of experience in operating wastewater treatment plants and collections systems including three years of administrative and/or lead supervisory experience (Level III). One year of Biological Nutrient Removal system is desirable.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds.
- Ability to pass a general physical exam.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program
- Professional Development
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Personal Leave
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Jury Duty Pay